It's that time of year again.
San Diego Comic Con is this week.
It's time for all of the office dwelling comickers and tv makers to come out of their hidey-holes and see the world a new. I am not immune to said situation. But! This is a SPECIAL SDCC for a few reasons. First off, the long gestating Tony Fleecs/Josh Fialkov jam JEFF STEINBERG: CHAMPION OF EARTH is premiering at the show from Oni Press in a handsome SDCC Exclusive Edition of #1 with cover art by series artist and co-writer/co-creator Tony Fleecs! See it right below this? It's keen!
There's two regular covers, which will be in stores in just a few weeks, one by Tony, and the other by supposed 'famous comic artist' Chris Burnham. Frankly, I've never heard of him, but he drew some book about a Man Bat or something.
We're also going to be doing a release party for said book in a few weeks atCollector's Paradise in Winnetka, CA. Clickey for more info!
Also, in the coming weeks, Oni is releasing THE LIFE AFTER v3, collecting the first arc of EXODUS, the next issue of Exodus, and the penultimate issue of THE BUNKER. So, go to your store. Get ordering. Stop being a jerk.
MEANWHILE -- For those coming to the show, I've got a limited schedule, thanks to my responsibilities on upcoming Syfy Channel show INCORPORATED, which, by the way, is premiering it's pilot at SDCC! I'll be there while our fearless leaders show off what we've been working so hard on the past five months.
SO -- Here's where/when you can find me, and I really hope you do.
- 11:00 am - ASPEN COMICS PANEL - Talking about our current ASPEN: REVELATIONS EVENT that I'm currently writing with JT Krul and art by Jordan Gunderson and Peter Steigerwald. Come learn secrets and cool stuff. Jerks.
- 12:00pm - ONI PRESS SIGNING - With Tony Fleecs! All your Exclusive Jeff Steinbergs will be signed. Also, other stuff.
- 8:00pm - TOP TEN TIPS TO UP YOUR COMICS WRITING GAME - Room 30CDE - WHere I'll join Andy Schmidt and John Barber, the two schmucks who first hired me at the Big Two to talk about breaking in and making it big, or totally screwing it up like I did.
- 10:00am - IDW PUBLISHING SIGNING - SIgning GODZILLA COMICS like a total boss! Come get some.
- 3:00pm - ASPEN COMICS SIGNING - Signing with my Aspen pals. Come get your Revelations.
- 7:00pm SYFY'S INCORPORATED - Indigo Ballroom, Hilton San Diego Bayfront - This is the TV show I'm working on. Come get a sneak peak at the kickass pilot and see my bosses say words. Glorious, glorious words.
- 1:30pm - ONI PRESS SIGNING - With Tony Fleecs. My final signing before I get in a car and drive back to Los Angeles. Come. Get. Some.
And that's it for SDCC. I'll try and get another one of these out about upcoming releases (and release parties) for TUMOR, and the final volume of THE BUNKER coming sometime soon.
See you in San Diego,